Pages

May 7, 2009

An apple a day keeps the doctor away...

Today I had a doctor's appointment. If you remember from another post before, I had mentioned that I found a doctor in the city who was taking on new patients (the city I live in has a doctor shortage). It's been over seven years since I last had an actual physician visit instead of a clinic emergency.

I made sure to bring all my pain & sinus medications so that the doctor can write scripts for them. That way I can label all my boxes for the flight to Japan. The airlines required all medications to be labeled. They're not medications I take on a daily basis, just when needed for my allergies, hayfever, and back (spine) & knee (patella cartilage) pain. It's important to have on hand when I'm in a foreign country and can't find what I need in a pharmacy there.

I also got four x-rays taken of my knees due to cartilage deterioration. The doctor told me that they'll contact me when my MRI has a date scheduled at the hospital. It won't be till months later since there's only one such machine in the city. I requested the MRI since it has been about 5 years since the bone in my spinal column changed in the S1 and S2 nodes (which affects the nerves that runs down the legs and feet). I wanted to start fresh with this doctor so she can tell me the straight facts about my condition.

Since 6pm tonight, I have been fasting. I have blood work to be done at 8am tomorrow so it's a 14 hour fast. The doctor wanted to check my iron, glucose, Vitamin D, cholesterol, et cetera. It's been over 10 years since I last had blood work done so I'm nervous about the results.


I've cleaned up the tags on my blog (located on the right-hand side of the screen). There were too many and was getting cluttered. I hope you like the neater look!


As of now, I have to sleep early. The lab is opened at 8am.

Good night everyone!

"JUNGLE CHANNEL 56" ~ please adjust your atenna