Pages

July 16, 2009

Japan Trip - Day 10

It is Day 10 of the trip and our last day in Japan.

At 10am my brother-in-law and I bought the airport bus tickets from the Cashier at the hotel front desk. My travel mates and I bought sandwiches and snacks at a nearby bakery at 11am and hurried back to the hotel since the airport bus comes at 12 noon.

The ride to the airport was faster than when we took it going away from the airport to the hotel on our first day in Tokyo. We arrived at Narita airport past 1pm and was too early to get our luggages checked.

We hung around the lobby area and looked around the shops there. My sister bought traditional shoes and some snacks. I bought a book at a bookstore because I liked the bookmark it came with. :)

At about 2:30pm, the line for Air Canada finally opened up so we checked our luggage (my sister's luggage was over 50 pounds so she had to put a couple of things in my luggage). Then we went through security and had a late lunch.

We didn't board the plane till quarter after four. The flight took 13 hours and there was a lot of turbulence. The flight back to Canada felt so long and by the time we landed, my feet were so swollen that my sandals' straps dug into them, causing some bruising and bleeding cuts.

We stayed for a couple of days before heading back home.

And... that's it for my trip to Japan!

Till next vacation holiday... it's been a blast! ;p

"JUNGLE CHANNEL 56" ~ please adjust your atenna