Pages

January 26, 2009

HAPPY CHINESE (LUNAR) NEW YEAR!!

"HAPPY CHINESE (LUNAR) NEW YEAR!!!!!!"

It's now nearly 2am Monday.

I just got back from the temple for the lunar new year celebration.

The lion dance was nice. My brother-in-law took a video of it. When I get it from him, I'll have to upload it to my YouTube account.

Before the lion dance was the prayers for how to live your life well according to Buddha. Then after the lion dance were the hymns. It was long! The book of hymns was well over 50 pages.

Then, it was time to pluck the orange from the tree and receive the red-pocket from the monk. I saw my oldest sister trying to grab a red-pocket that was hanging from the tree and so I tried to do the same. One of the workers at the temple saw me and slapped my hand, scolding me not to do that. She was pointing at the monk standing nearby (which so happened to be my brother-in-law's father).

It turned out that the tree was for decoration only. I felt like a ninny. I just got scolded on the new years day. I can feel my luck slipping away.... I think my oldest sister and I were the only ones doing the wrong thing.

(i need to pray more often now...)

Besides that awful event, we had dessert and spring rolls in the cafeteria downstairs. It was really good. I had the three-colour-drink (mung bean, red bean, yellow bean, all in coconut milk) and it was quite refreshing. The spring roll was crispy. I love spring rolls!!

Only my older sister didn't have anything because of her wheat allergy. Besides, she had to go home to drink her herbal cold medicine. Ewwww, I wouldn't want to be in her shoes. hahahaha

Gotta go to sleep now.

Will post up some pics/video later.

Good night!

"JUNGLE CHANNEL 56" ~ please adjust your atenna