Pages

December 10, 2008

My Bratty Turtles

I am turtle-obsessed. I love everything about turtles since I was young.

I have two aquatic turtles. I got them from a local pet store in July 2007 when they were just tiny hatchlings.

Their names are: Win & Guu.

My older sister named the smaller of the two, Guu. The name came from an anime character in "Hare + Guu". The character was bratty, mischievous, but cute in appearance.

I chose the name for the bigger turtle, Win. One of my favourite rock bands "Potato" from Thailand has a great guitarist. I named him Win, after the guitarist's name. It wasn't anything special, it was just at that time I was really into listening to a lot of Potato songs.

Win is now twice the size of Guu and quite a horrible tank mate. He has a habit of trying to bite Guu now but fortunately, Guu is a feisty turtle so he doesn't back down easily.

They have a couple of nicknames: winny & gooey and the green boogers (my sister made that up).

Both of them have these crazy personalities that one wouldn't expect from a turtle. And their behaviour are so different from the "normal" turtles you'd read about in "How to raise turtles" books. I know... I have a couple of how to raise a healthy turtle books and nothing is accurate about my turtles. How odd...

Later on, I will post up some photos of them from hatchlings to present day. Please wait till then!

"JUNGLE CHANNEL 56" ~ please adjust your atenna